I just installed Ubuntu Budgie from windows 10(not even 20 minutes ago) and now my second monitor is no longer working, it is actually my main display but I think it is marked as my second display. Also, it displayed fine during setup just not anymore.(If possible keep the answer simple because I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed)
I had that problem too. I have a nvidia card in my system. After I updated all the drivers it works pretty well with two displays.
- Open your application menu and type “drivers”.
- First choice should be “Additional Drivers”. Open it up and wait for a few seconds as the list populates.
- Make sure you are not using the Nuveau driver. Instead, your driver should look something like this: “Using NVIDIA driver metapackage from nvidia-driver-510 (proprietary, tested)”.
- Apply Changes
- Confirm with your password
- Wait for installation to complete