Window Shuffler not opening

Hi there,

I just installed Ubuntu Budgie and I am trying around what’s in. :slight_smile:
One thing which I noticed is not working is the Window Shufler. I’ve seen how it is supposed to work, but hitting the hotkeys Win+S or ALT+S do not bring the panel on.
Can anyone tell me how is this supposed to work?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Dont forget to enable it through menu - shuffler control

Hi,

I already enabled it from the Window Shufler Control. It doesn’t work unfortunately. :confused:

Did you restart afterwards?

Just noticed - you are not using the correct shortcut for the grid - should be ctrl + alt + s

Do check that you have the grid option ticked.

More information on the Grid tab - the other tabs describe the keyboard shuffler options.

Also - important - do check you are fully up-to-date

sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade -y

Logout and login

EDIT - I am assuming here you are using 20.04!

Hi,

I’ve tried this also before, it doesn’t work. The distro is up to date. Basically there is no consistency, you can find information around with 3 different hotkeys to try and open this single thing which is very strange. Some other things give errors and can’t even install or start.
It was nice to check this distro out though.

Anyways, thank you guys for the hints! :slight_smile:

I am afraid I am not following you:

I ’ve tried this also before, it doesn’t work

What have you tried before? What doesn’t work? And:

Basically there is no consistency, you can find information around with 3 different hotkeys to try and open this single thing which is very strange

There is one single shortcut to call the grid. What is exactly not consistent?

Some other things give errors and can’t even install or start.

Again, what are you referring to?

Hi,

The last post suggested that I try the hotkey CTRL + ALT + S. I’ve tried it already and also the proper settings turned on and also the distro updated.
What is not consistent is that I’ve found information about the same feature across the web where people suggesting Ctrl+S , Ctrl+Alt+S, Win+S. This is what I meant. :slight_smile:

As for the other things, I’ve tried some of the suggested software additions from the welcome screen also some apps from the app store. Some just give error “Failed to install” or something and that’s it.

P.S.
I don’t have the distro installed anymore. Thanks for the replies. :wink:

okey dokey. We’ll close this topic since there isn’t anything further we can investigate with you.