Window Shuffler

Not sure what is the situation, does the changed shortcut not work, the original shortcut? What happens if you open a terminal, run (e.g.) /usr/share/budgie-desktop/windowshuffler/shuffler_nogui 2 1 0 0? Does it work?

You could in theory add the hotcorners applet and then assign a corner to get shuffler to pop up whn you move the mouse thereā€¦

Hi,

I just installed window-shuffler on ubuntu 20.04 and none of the short-cut works, now sure how can I use this with ubuntu 20.04

Cheers,
Tony

Do check you are not using the wayland session. This is strictly an X11 only app.

hereā€™s the command line that I use and the result that I get:

It does looks like it is X11 only app, so any ideas why none of the hotkeys works?

Cheers,
Tony

Assuming you have installed the budgie-window-shuffler package and havenā€™t installed some other way,

You do have to open the Shuffler control window and enable Shuffler. Logout and login.

If that does not work, double check that the budgie extras daemon process is running ā€¦ that is the process that is providing the keyboard shortcuts.

Wait.

Is it possible to install budgie-window-shuffler outside of (Ubuntu)Budgie ???

@tonytvo mentioned ubuntu 20.04 ( not Budgie ) and shows a very yaru styled terminalā€¦

Correct - yes you can. Iā€™ve tested it on Ubuntu Mate and it works just fine.

I havenā€™t tried GNOME Shell - but given our shared window manager it should just ā€œworkā€

Hi, I just wanted to come here to say thanks, this amazing little piece of freedom really helps me in my day to day. Iā€™ve got Ubuntu Mate, but have used this in Ubuntu, Ubuntu Budgie, Lubuntu and maybe since a year ago, in Ubuntu Mate. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: Thanks for not being toxic people :smiley:

5 Likes