Home Store Blog Development

19.04 Daily Download

Is this in the new nemo?

I’ll upload a refreshed theme in the next few days - I’m waiting for a fix from the Qogir maintainer first. Once it comes then I’ll push an update for both QogirBudgie and Pocillo

BTW would also be interested in your thoughts with the window placement capability with this update … assuming that you have a keypad - press CTRL+ALT 1-9

Hmmm, interesting. Seems to work OK. Personally I would not use it but, thats just me.

Awesome, updating now @fossfreedom. Will post if I run into any issues.

Both themes have now been refreshed and uploaded. Just update as usual.

hmm - just noticed the version of nemo-desktop in 19.04 has had its CSS changed again. The next update will resolve this.

BTW would also be interested in your thoughts with the window placement capability with this update … assuming that you have a keypad - press CTRL+ALT 1-9

It could be a little bit disturbing for people coming from xubuntu where [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[1-9] is used to move current window to the workspace corresponding to the number

You mean 1-9 on the keypad, or the main section of the keyboard? Keypad 1-9 were the shortcuts on Unity if I remember correctly, and to be honest, they are the only ones that seem to make sense in an intuitive way; their positions on the keypad correspond with the targeted positions on screen.

Have not seen this yet in the 19.04 daily download?

Sometime next week - have wallpapers, default wallpaper and other changes that all need to be pushed at the same time.

I’m really diggin nemo, great choice.

After login in, you get a message about a problem with line 2 of

/etc/profile.d/01-locale-fix.sh
There is only this line there.
eval $(/usr/bin/locale-check C.UTF-8)
Should that be deleted?

Or, the file /etc/profile.d/01-locale-fix.sh?

01-locale-fix.sh isnt a budgie file. Its a very strange error to report about a line number that isn’t in that file.

Can you double check with a brand new account to see if it is reproducible?

If you can this requires a bug report to Canonical to make the devs aware.

Please run

ubuntu-bug base-files

Just reinstalled a new daily yesterday, and this was there. It wasn’t there in the earlier without Nemo. I’ll reinstall another daily tomorrow to have look.

@vlijm, the new Showtime applet’s drag and drop is nice. However, when running in a VM, its positioned in the top left corner and Super+Drag does not work – VirtualBox.

Hi Rob, possibly on a vm, you need another key to drag. Could you try alt+drag?

This is not a big issues. I was just wondering why, in the Virtualbox VM, showtime is position on the top left corner. As for the Alt+Drag, it doesn’t appear to be an option.

In budgie settings - panel - showtime - is the button set to “Save Position” ? click it to save and then click it again. Hopefully you can the drag it again.

Jacob will be looking at all of this to see how to tighten all of this - thanks for reporting.

OK, figured it out. There are two “Super” keys on my external keyboard, a left and right key. I was using the left super key. But, if I used the right super+control then I could drag it.

Ah, super :). Still need to find out though why it positions top left. I will find out.