Calculator button on keyboard not working after upgrading to 22.10

I have upgraded my system to 22.10 and prior to the upgrade, my keyboard shortcut key for the calculator opened up the calculator, but now the key does not open the calculator. I know that this is not a major issue, but it is a nice shortcut key to use.

As a workaround, what I was able to do to re-enable the Caculator shortcut… In the Keyboard section of Budgie Control Center, there is an option “View and Customize Shortcuts.” In “Custom Shortcuts”, I created a new entry:

Name: Calculator
Command: mate-calc

For the keyboard shortcut, I pressed the Calculator key on my keyboard.

After logging out and back in, this opens the Mate calculator Ubuntu Budgie now ships with.

as Sam pointed out to me GNOME seems to hard-code what happens when pressing the calculator key - it always runs gnome-calculator gnome-settings-daemon/gsd-media-keys-manager.c at master · GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon · GitHub

So the other alternative is to install gnome-calculator which we no longer ship with due to libadwaita theming issues.

In the longer term someone wonderful could investigate overriding the calculator keypress action - at a guess somewhere in budgie-desktop code like this budgie-desktop/wm.vala at master · BuddiesOfBudgie/budgie-desktop · GitHub or possibly like this budgie-desktop/wm.vala at master · BuddiesOfBudgie/budgie-desktop · GitHub

Even after doing this, my calculator key is not functioning, as fossfreedom suggested, I reinstalled the Gnome calculator and it works again.