Fix for Budgie Panel Overlap?

I remember somewhere you planned a fix for maximized windows overlapping small panels for 20.04 - but I can’t find the post. Is there a PPA available for 19.10?

ppa:ubuntubudgie-dev/eoan-test

Thank you! What is the package name? Or do I just update budgie-panel?

Just add the ppa and upgrade as normal.

Okay, thank you

added ppa, updated, and rebooted. Sorry to say, the bug still occurs.
Is the bug I am referring to. Also occurs on non-CSD windows

What’s your panel size? If its approx too small then it’s an applet that is causing the issue.

The fix refers to multi monitor situations… not hard coded sized applets.

···

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020, 23:59 Gurjus Bhasin via Ubuntu Budgie, ubuntubudgie@discoursemail.com wrote:

codic

January 17

added ppa, updated, and rebooted. Sorry to say, the bug still occurs.

Is the bug I am referring to. Also occurs on non-CSD windows

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to fossfreedom, codic.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

at that time, it was 21. My applets:

Increasing it to ~39 or ~40 works

Yep. Certain applets have a minimum size. E.g. the appindicator cannot have a panel smaller than something like 30px … appindicator icons are a fixed 22px in size and by the time you add the necessary box padding you get to a min size of around 30px. So if you want 21px you need to lose from your panel certain applets.

Even 30 would be fine, but

is 30

Mmm… yes anything under 44px will overlap.

Huhhhhhh
Works for me with 40px

Remember, gtk themes affect things as well. Some themes introduce padding. So double check the theme and if vertical space is an issue use a slim variant.

Mmm yes, indeed with pocillo-slim I can go to 33px, less than that it begins to overlap.

No luck with Adapta or Adapta-eta, both seem to add padding to (top) panel.

by the time you add the necessary box padding → why necessary ?

That comes from the appindicator spec and implementation. Not alot we can do with that.

Can the theme be overriden to pocillo-slim for the panel and stay Pocillo for the rest?

env GTK_THEME=pocillo-dark-new-slim budgie-panel --replace

seems to work (pocillo-dark-new-slim is the slim variant of the modded Pocillo I have), but how would I always start budgie-panel on startup with that argument?
/cc @fossfreedom

well I guess you can use an autostart for that.

But that really points to an opportunity - to make a “budgie-panel” style change in the theme itself.

Yes, a change could be nice.

How though?

I added an autostart command which was env GTK_THEME=pocillo-dark-new-slim budgie-panel --replace. It works, but first you see the normal panel, then after a second you see the slim panel.