Focal - updates wants to remove budgie-desktop

Yesterday, I tried to update Ubuntu after a few days off that specific computer.
As a result, synaptic was prompting for budgie-desktop to be removed among the update.
Of course, I couldn´t allow that.

I resorted to finding out which package was problematic.
And it appears some updates related to gtk-4.0 have a dependency conflict with Budgie and requires it to be uninstalled.

The packages being

libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18
libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37

This has nothing to do with Jammy though, as I´m still running Ubuntu 20.04 (upgraded to 21.10, but I haven´t rebooted in 6+ months).
Now that I think about it, that´s probably due to not having rebooted after the upgrade. But if someone could check on 21.10…

Gtk 4 packages have nothing to-do with the budgie-desktop.

Is this a vanilla install or have you got some PPAs installed? It maybe an update via one or more PPAs that is causing the issue.

Both are webkit2gtk packages from focal-updates.

This build comes from the GTK port of webkit (API version 4.0).

Apparently, I´m still on 20.04 (focal), I forgot I actually didn’t upgrade on that computer (I did on my laptop, hence the confusion).

For some reasons updating or removing these packages breaks Budgie (also on focal-updates) but also gnome-shell, shotwell, ubuntu-session, mutter, etc… Really weird stuff.

I cannot reproduce on 20.04

whats the complete output of the following?

sudo apt update
apt list --upgradable

~$ apt list --upgradable
Listing… Done
libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18/focal-updates,focal-security,focal-security,focal-updates 2.34.6-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1]
libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37/focal-updates,focal-security,focal-security,focal-updates 2.34.6-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1]

I grew annoyed and ended up proceeding with the removal of all packages (more than 150) as requested then reinstalling all of them (after making screenshots).
Seems like my issue has been solved in that process.