Hello from your new Community Manager

Hello Ubuntu Budgie community,
I am happy to announce that I have joined the Ubuntu Budgie team as Community Manager.

First of all, a little bit about myself.
My name is Mauro Gaspari. I am Italian, I have been living in Taiwan for the last 15 years, I work as IT manager and I am a passionate Linux and FOSS advocate.
I have been helping and supporting a number of projects, such as Ubuntu Studio and Openconnect server. I also write for Front Page Linux.

I love Ubuntu Budgie. I love the great defaults with great customization options, I love the work the team is doing to improve on an already awesome destkop environment. I have been using it on my computers for a couple of years, and it is the distribution I recommend to all new users, or those that already use linux and want to try something else.

Since I joined the team, a couple of months ago, I have been helping with financial documents, and preparing some interesting improvements on the marketing/promotion side of things. I will be a bit busy with those behind the scene tasks for a few more weeks, but you will be hearing from me very soon.

I can’t wait to start interacting with the community and increasing my contributions to Ubuntu Budgie. Meanwhile, feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments.

Cheers
Mauro

6 Likes

[[[Welcome Mauro!]]]