Language switcher

Hello everyone, yesterday I upgraded to Budgie 22.04. Everything seems to work great so far, but I face an issue switching to another language.

When I switch from English (US) to Greek, although the typing language shown on the top-panel applet changes, the typing remains in English.

If I change the order from the input sources (Budgie Control Center > Keyboard > Input sources), the problem is temporarily solved, but the same thing will happen next time I will logout and login again.

I attach a relevant screenshot where the language is switched to greek (GR), but the typing is in English.

Duplicate of this

Hi @fossfreedom and thanks a lot for your quick response,

In my case, typing:

gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.input-sources sources

would return an empty array. The above solution didn’t work for me, because the command
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.input-sources sources "[('xkb', 'us'), ('xkb', 'gr')]"
wasn’t changing anything on my system.

Also, by using

setxkbmap -query

would return only the us layout.

Interestingly, setting my keyboard layout using

setxkbmap -layout us,gr

actually fixed my issue. So, I just had to autostart this command.

I guess this bug comes from the new Budgie control center and it seems pretty serious.

Again, thanks a lot for your help

No. Its nothing to-do with budgie control center. Budgie Desktop manages keyboard switching.

As you can see from the link this is one area waiting for someone to dig in and find out what the problem is.

1 Like