Network icon messed up in top bar

Hi,

Budgie-core updated budgie-theme (Pocillio,…) yesterday.
After reboot the network icon is black and the spacers are white instead of dark color.
Network icon stays black when changing theme settings.

Screenshot:
Budgie-Desktop

pappl

That does occasionally occur after first logon. That is because of the very buggy system tray applet.

Restarting the panel resolves this when it happens … or moving the panel from top to bottom and back again via budgie settings.

nohup budgie-panel --replace  &

I personally dont use the system tray applet I have removed it.

I have installed the applet budgie-network-applet which installs a native network manager applet for budgie (you need our backports ppa for this)

1 Like

Is there a way to fix this with keeping the system tray?Screenshot%20from%202019-11-12%2008%3A59%3A54

I personally dont use the system tray applet. I use the network applet from Menu-Budgie Applets to display network connectivity

I did the nohup command today and im stuck with this:

Doesnt show the menu button on the left, lots of stuff missing from the right.

Tried rebooting and still not there, will have to try the budgie settings.

How do I get the budgie settings from terminal?

it’s called budgie-desktop-settings from a terminal.

1 Like

So for me it would be ok to remove the system tray applet, but inside it I do not only have the network manager, it also shows Parcellite, I would have thought that Parcellite would be inside the AppIndicator instead but it isn’t. Should I maybe install a different clipboard manager?

I personally use clipit which is an appindicator

I am also keeping an eye on this projects progress which is a native budgie clipboard manager applet

https://github.com/zhboner/Budgie-clipboard-manager

1 Like