Home Store Blog Development

Quick Poll - Plank or no Plank

I found 7 site pictures that looked as though Plank had been removed. The rest had Plank either on the left bottom or right side of the picture. To your question, there is a topic titled Show Us Your Budgie Desktop.

Personally, I put plank on bottom of my secondary screen but it seems to me the left hand side vertical dock is the good configuration to use by default for one screen configuration. So, IMO, the left side is a good choice for default placement.

Thanks all,

Surprising poll in many ways.

• A very tight almost equal preference for plank on the left and the bottom.
  • An overwhelming vote for plank as a default
  • A smallish minority of users love the icon-task-list

So for 19.04 we’ll go with plank now at the bottom - transparent … and I’m interested if you think “window-dodge” should be the new default.

Thoughts on UB for 19.04

“window-dodge” should be the new default?

Dodge is always the first thing I switch off. Reason: first move the mouse to the side to make Plank appear, then, once it appears, you can decide where to move the mouse. That’s two actions where you want to dash.

I always use intellihide. Glad to see Plank staying, good choice.

…as long as Plank can be easily disabled, and beneficially replaced by a budgie panel with icon-tasks-list, trash, usb-drive, workspaces…

Choice matters.

Which is the app you use to stick that note or picture on your desktop?
Thanks!

That is our 19.04 active desktop solution we are testing https://discourse.ubuntubudgie.org/t/help-test-the-active-desktop-for-19-04

Great!..
Thank you!!

Plank, definitely a Yes. It find very easy to configure, handy and useful for my favorite apps. In the beginning, I put everything in the top panel. Now I have a clean to panel and all the apps in the bottom plank bar.