ShowTime and WeatherShow background turns black

@lipe66 just for confirmation, could you, on a running system with black background on ShowTime, run: pkill ShowTime && /usr/lib/budgie-desktop/plugins/budgie-showtime/ShowTime and see if it fixes it? It should, if my assumption is correct. If so, we can fairly easily fix it.

vlijm It worked. It fixed the issue.

excellent - thanks for the confirmation

Jacob has a proper fix in the pipeline and was waiting for your confirmation - so cheers.

He will ping you here when the fix is ready for you to test.

thanks.

You are welcome. I am here to help.

@lipe66 please add the daily build: sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntubudgie-dev/budgie-extras-daily, subsequently sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade. Then after a restart, on ShowTime, the background should be ok.
To rollback: sudo ppa-purge ppa:ubuntubudgie-dev/budgie-extras-daily

Hi, it worked for the WeatherShow, not the ShowTime. may be there is some left config test some where that I need to remove.

Huh? I think (hope) the other way around :slight_smile: , I didn’ t fix weather yet, just ShowTime to see if an elegant queue_redraw would fix the background (it should).

Hi @lipe66 could you mention which is which ^ I fixed ShowtTime as a test case, but you mention the other one is fixed.

Hi Jacob,
So I tested your fix on ShowTime and was still not working.
But after some bad installs on my notebook my system begin to behave very unstable.
This morning I decide to Reinstall Ubuntu budgie from scratch, and, everything is working ok. Shotime and Weather Show have no black background.

SInce I am reinstalling everything I will keep Attention on what may be the cause of my earlier problem and let you know.

Thank you very much for your help and support

Thanks for mentioning! The fix we committed seems not useful. If the issue re-occurs, we probably should set a “square” delay on startup.

Agree. Let’s git revert the commit and close.