Testing 19.10 - only for the most adventurous

reinstalled again today (sept 11th build) and the mate-optimus issue was still present, but fewer dependencies were listed in the problem report. I also experienced the same issue with the updater, but resolved it using your solution/reboot. The wifi broadcom driver still needs manual installation. How do people without an ethernet port solve it? Even if they have a 50’ ethernet cord. It’s at this point I’m so happy my hardware is as old as it is.

Kernel graduated up to: 5.3.0-10-generic - aw yeeaaah!

The Broadcom driver should be automatically installed when you tick the wifi graphics option in the installer.

The optimus issue is still waiting for upstream ti accept and upload. Just have to be patient.

Surprising about the update manager issue. It should have been resolved but may have missed the auto build. Should check tomorrows build and if it still occurs then please file a bug report on launchpad

I’ll keep an eye out for that when I reinstall on Monday - Thanks Fossfreedom

installed sept 17th build: success out of the box! I had to install exfat-fuse exfat-utils. I read that the new kernel will have exfat capabilities soon :slight_smile:

yeah - exfat could be coming to kernel 5.4 or kernel 5.5 depending upon upstream reviews being successful. So that could be (cross fingers) in 20.04 LTS

Welcome to beta!
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EoanErmine/ReleaseSchedule

might be a slight delay … a couple of critical issues Canonical are dealing with.

Probably will close this and open a beta topic. In the interim - have fun reading the beta release notes!

Sounds good , see you in the beta thread if needed.:wink:

New topic created for the beta release