Where are Budgie Hotcorners controls?

Sorry. I’m still a noob. I know I have the Applet installed but I can’t figure out how to turn on and configure.

if you added it to the panel (from Budgie Settings) , just click on the icon in the panel :slight_smile:

afbeelding

Thanks. But for a noob there were a lot of hoops a person has to jump thru first. Wow.

1. Install Applet. (Turns out it’s already installed but not visible in the panel.) If its icon was already in panel a few of the following steps could be skipped.

2. Open Budgie Desktop settings

3. Click Panel (In my case it was ‘bottom panel’.) (IMO I believe Applets should be a choice at this point. That is: instead of knowing Applets hides within panel there should be a link directly to this.)

4. The Applets window is unclear. I thought since my Applet was already added VIA the Budgie Applte browser that said Applet is already added. But since I didn’t choose to add it to the panel it’s not actually available yet. I’d suggest that if you add an Applet from the Budgie browser that it automatically adds itself to the panel.

5. It turns out that the expose feature will not work if you don’t go thru this all over again with the separate expose applet.

I respectfully submit to the developers these two applets should become one and live inf the panel already… merely not activated.

Thanks Vlijm

I respectfully submit to the developers these two applets should become one and live inf the panel already… merely not activated.” — Not sure they should be one. most users use the previews from Alt-Tab and Alt-`. Activation via hotcorners is just “an extra service”, an option to use if you prefer that.
I am not sure from the back of my head which of the applets is shipped by default and which isn’t, But we also get comments sometimes that people prefer to install applets as an option, instead of delivering the whole bunch by default.
I guess it will always subject to discussion. :slight_smile:
Hope you like it btw.

“Hope you like it btw.”

I like and appreciate all efforts made by the team.

“most users use the previews from Alt-Tab”

Well see that’s the thing. If people want that as a separate feature, then sure, okay. But then why do I have to install two applets to get one applet to work as desired? Clunky, right? Frankly I’d prefer seeing the windows shrink in ‘expose’ mode as they do in PC and Mac… vs… becoming Alt-Tab micro windows.

“I am not sure from the back of my head which of the applets is shipped by default and which isn’t”

Both are already installed. But not ‘activated’ or ‘present’ in the panel. So I made a needless trip twice to the applet browser only to learn both items were already installed.

By the by I’m trying to be helpful vs. whiny. Most of the system is slick and simple. If you saw a different post of mine it breathed speed into a mini PC that needed it.

The expose is just an option for windows previews really. The only thing Budgie is lacking imo, is a proper expose like in gnome 3 or windows 10. Something full screen, with all workspace clearly shown as all applications currently in use. A killer feature I wish existed would be the ability to take snapshot of a current set-up and be able to call it whenever you like. For exemple App A and App B side to side 50%/50% on workspace 1, App C on workspace 2, Apps D/E/F/G on a grid in worspace 3, etc. And being able to save and re-call that exact set-up. Switch apps with alt-tab, switch workspace with alt-`, call expose2.0 with SUPER key.

" The only thing Budgie is lacking imo, is a proper expose like in gnome 3 or windows 10."

Or how about Apple… you know… the people who invented Expose? (Pardon my snark but they do deserve credit here. One of the few places they still do. Tim Cook cured me of Apple two years ago.)

I had to add WinXCorners to Win10 to get the true Expose feel back. I even created an AutoHotKey to trigger it.