Some areas that the team may consider for 21.04 - this list will be expanded as time progresses.
- Revert budgie gsetting print screen location for GNOME Settings. This has caused too much grief for the community.
- package and release budgie desktop 10.5.2 - upstream has indicated that this hopefully should be released during this dev cycle time-frame
- Window Shuffler - implement window rules - when apps open they can open on specific monitors at specific locations and sizes automatically.
Take a serious look at GSConnect (aka KDEConnect) and see if the basics can be rewritten in Vala to allow file transfer between Android phones and the budgie-desktop. Would love this to be more of a community project so if you want to help please get in touch.
Have a closer look at spacing between budgie applets - can we improve this area e.g. CSS changes on the default theme.After further investigation doesnt appear to be a way to adjust spacing via CSS
- mutter-8 integration & GNOME 40 - as past knowledge suggest code changes will be required so start to look at this at GNOME 40 alpha onwards (Jan 2021)
- Package third party applets when formal releases are made by their developers - currently keeping an eye on the following projects
- https://github.com/samlane-ma/budgie-analog-clock - the vala version has now been packaged and is available through budgie-welcome
- Select 10 wallpapers for 21.04 - may just be “the best of 16.04 to 19.10”
- Repackage backports for 21.04 - this will start in March 2021. This is a good place to start if you want to learn how to-do debian packaging!
- Merge upstream (elementary) application menu changes into our fork. Currently displaying application actions looks like an exciting upstream change
- “Pocillo-Tela” - its still a target to replace our default icons - it didnt make it into 20.10 - needs help to resolve merging/replacing Tela panel icons with Qogir icons
- Package Pocillo and QogirBudgie as snap themes
- Change from Ubuntu AppIndicators to AyatanaAppIndicators. Ubuntu AppIndicators have not seen any development for the last 10 years. Ayatana is fully supported and is distro agnostic. Ubuntu Mate has made the change to Ayatana in 20.10. Lets join the fun
- The project will be investing in a Raspberry Pi 4 with a touch-screen to ensure our ARM support is up-to-scratch. If you want to get involved with this please let us know - all discussion for this is here Ubuntu Budgie plans for Raspberry Pi
If you want yourself to work on anything - including your own ideas but are unsure on any aspect of development and integration with UB - we can arrange mentoring - so please get in-touch. More than happy to work with you