Plans for 21.10

Is there any plan to enable tracker in Nemo to improve the results of « recent files » ?

Actually « recent files » in Nemo only shows things that has been launched « through » Nemo.

If I understand right, if tracker was enabled it might then show anything previously launched through any app tracker is aware of.

Another thing with Nemo : I’ve never been able to use its samba-share feature, it always throws errors.
Even if my samba shares do work - as I deal with them through smb.conf manually.

Since Ubuntu 20.04 there is no longer any simple, graphical tool to deal with samba → something like system-config-samba which allowed to manage samba users and shares.
See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-config-samba/+bug/1876999

Having an Ubuntu(Budgie) computer amongst other Windows computers ( or NAS devices ) is not so rare. Such a tool for « easily » managing samba-shares would be a relief ( because samba is everything you want, except easy ). And samba is to be found in many places.

Since I’m here, such an easy graphical tool would also be a relief regarding NFS settings.
There had been attempts, I don’t actually know the state of this one.

It’s sometimes easier to install Warpinator, Syncthing or LANdrop rather than setting regular, ±native shares…