Screensaver Screws up Budgie

I was messing around with screensaver, trying to get it to autostart on boot. In the process, I’ve screwed up the budgie desktop - it was basically gone. I’m running Ubuntu 21.10.

I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing budgie from the command line. Lots of files getting deleted and re-installed, so something is happening. But the budgie Welcome, Applets, etc never show up in my list of Apps. I check in Software Updater, and it says they are there. But nothing actually is there, as far as I can see. Any ideas on how to get budgie back?

Try the following:

sudo apt install --reinstall ubuntu-budgie-desktop budgie-desktop budgie-core libbudgie-plugin0 libbudgie-private0 libbudgietheme0 libraven0

Since you are dual booting with ubuntu you need to make a decision - either remove gnome-shell-core to make budgie screensaver work - or try this workaround that may/may not work for you

I tried the reinstall as per your supplied command - no change. Then I removed the gnome shell with:

Blockquote
sudo apt-get purge gnome-shell-*
Blockquote

Rebooted and my old budgie desktop was back! Thanks! As for that silly screensaver, I think I’ll let that sleeping dog lie for a bit…