Show us your Budgie Desktop

Is right alignment of icons on desktop an « automatic » thing ?

I remember doing that in KDE years ago… but here on Budgie, how ?

Not intended at all, As far as I can remember, this is how it was at default.

I’ve just checked. If you go to budgie-settings-panel, you can set the transparency(mine is dynamic) and stylise regions (mine is enabled) which gives the different shades. I believe the right alignment is default when position set to top.

21.04 Spring- 365 OS GTK-La Captaine Icons- Builtin Theme for top panel

3 Likes

New wallpaper from upcoming macOS Monterey

Desktop layout: Ubuntu Budgie
Theme: Plata-Compact
Icons: Papirus
Mouse pointer: Paper
Font: Ubuntu Regular 11
Wallpaper: macOS 12 Monterey Dark by Apple

Well, that looks pretty expensive, doesn’t it? But it’s still my old ASUS notebook, just with a different look.

I think the combination of desktop layout and theme also has a positive effect on the new Proton design of Firefox 89, which now appears in a completely different light and looks much better under Ubuntu Budgie than under macOS, for example.

Desktop layout: Redmond
Theme: Plata-Compact
Wallpaper: macOS Big Sur Vector Wave Dark by Apple

1 Like

Green ! background : pexels-igor-haritanovich-1687341.jpg

2 Likes

Windows 11 experiment.

3 Likes

Here’s my most recent desktop snapshot. Using Mojave-light widgets + McMojave-circle icons. Some of the icons in the dock aren’t quite compliant and ought to be replaced, but… And in case anyone’s curious, I just happen to like horses! :wink:

Vimix GTK Theme & Vimix KDE Wallpaper :trophy:

Desktop layout: Ubuntu Budgie
Theme: vimix-laptop
Wallpaper: Vimix KDE Night by Vince Liuice

4 Likes

… So you had a thunderstorm while I was riding a bicycle in the sun 100 km to the south :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, yes. It was a relatively short but violent thunderstorm. Minutes before, the sky darkened as if it was already night. There was an unusually warm air current, as if you were in a sauna. The air was like electrically charged. Then the lightning started, beautiful like natural fireworks, followed by a long-lasting, bass-heavy roll of thunder that made the ground vibrate. A truly impressive natural spectacle. :cloud_with_lightning: :fireworks:

Testing

4 Likes

Running UB in VM:

2 Likes

Hello all,
I am new to Ubuntu Budgie and loving it! Here is my first theme journey with the Budgie DE! :grinning:

Larger Pic Of Screenshot

3 Likes

Love mine :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Ubuntu Budgie 21.10 with Studio packages on top. Candy icons from gnome-look.

1 Like

I love it! :heart:
I also always use Studio packages and JACK on my Ubuntu Budgie installs

1 Like

hmm … sounds like a budgie welcome recommendation that some kind person might like to help implement

1 Like