Show us your Budgie Desktop

Man… idk anymore. lolol i kept it saved on my HD but i dont have link anymore… all i did was to search on Google for “mystic” and choosed color blue.

2 Likes

Theme: Pocillo
Widgets: Adapta-Nokto
Icons: Papirus Dark
Cursors: Breeze_Snow
Wallpaper: Variety Wallpaper Changer featuring Nature

Enjoying the aesthetics of Ubuntu Budgie and loving all the screenshots from others. Thank you guys for being such a friendly community. :slight_smile:Screenshot%20from%202018-06-15%2009-14-47

6 Likes

You got me !
Just duplicated your settings on my PC
Questions :
1- Widgets: Adapta-Nokto What does it do / how do we install that ?
2- Variety, are your experiencing memory leak ? how much MB of RAM he variety takes on your computer ?
3- How do you force Variety to use Nature picture ? I know we can use keywords for QUOTES but don’t know how to specify the category of what kind of pictures I want… The source yes, but no kind of pictures.

1 Like

Lol, well the Widgets can be changed in ‘Budgie Desktop Settings’ and Adapta-Nokto should be included. Haven’t checked Variety for mem leaks but it seems to run smoothly when I added the ppa and installed slideshow next to it. The wallpaper I had really just came from Wallhaven when I added the keyword ‘Nature.’ I hope that helps and thank you for the kudos. I’m flattered that my desktop has inspired your own! :smiley:

1 Like

My desktop. The conky setup is a rather utilitarian one which uses the Ubuntu font and Material colors. It can be found in my dotfiles repo on github.

Other information about the desktop is obviously found in neofetch. Only thing it doesn’t include is that my cursor is white-classicia++. Not sure where I found the wallpaper.

3 Likes

If you type in “red leaves” in the Wallhaven website with ‘people’ and ‘anime’ disabled, you should find the background. I constantly change mine with or without wallpaper changers but my favorite thing to do is make my OS look like nature. Natural backgrounds makes it feel more open. Thank you again for the compliment. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice conky setup :slightly_smiling_face:

Tks for making me discover Wallhaven !
JF

What fonts are you using? Thinking of adopting them into my setup.

I used Lato on this one. I also recommend Nunito. It fits very good as well.

Screenshot%20from%202018-06-19%2019-38-33

4 Likes

Here is my latest desktop. Been evolving it over time. This is a messy screenshot with both Transmission and Chromium open. I’m very humble and love the aesthetic ones others have posted! :slightly_smiling_face: Screenshot%20from%202018-06-20%2020-17-37
Theme: Adapta
Widgets: Adapta-Nokto
Icons: Papirus-Adapta-Nokto
Cursors: Breeze_Snow
Dark Theme
Top Panel Transparency: Dynamic
Top Panel Shadow: Off

2 Likes

I love your setup! How do you like the switch to Ubuntu from Windows? :slightly_smiling_face:

It is very nice. I’ve found a solid Linux replacement for nearly everything. And its so much faster!

1 Like

That’s good to hear! Every time a person switches from Windows to Linux, an angel gets it’s wings :smiley:

3 Likes

Budgie%20Desktop

Hi folks,

Here’s an elderly person’s desktop.

Good to meet you all

Regards
Nick

5 Likes

Nice! Like the photo.

Looks like good coffee :slight_smile:

Screenshot%20from%202018-08-02%2009%3A35%3A40

2 Likes

… not sure that I want to be that angry when I first wake up in the morning … :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like